UMAA Legacy Scholarship
The University of Montana Alumni Association serves not only current alumni but future alumni as well. One of the ways it does this is by offering the UMAA Legacy Scholarship. These scholarships are awarded on an annual basis to individuals who represent a continuation of the UM tradition.
To be eligible, one of the applicant’s parents, grandparents, legal guardian or child must have attended —but need not have graduated from — the University of Montana, and the applicant must:
- have attained junior status (no less than 60 earned credits) prior to the start of the fall 2023 semester.
- be considered a full-time undergraduate student for the fall 2023 and spring 2024 semesters.
- submit current transcript (unofficial).
- submit a resume demonstrating community service and University involvement.
- submit an essay (double-spaced, not to exceed 500 words) in response to the following question: A tagline the University of Montana frequently uses is “What’s made in Montana is remaking the world.” As you finish your education and begin to build your life, how will your time at UM help you “remake the world?”
The scholarship will be awarded to the students who submit the strongest applications based on a review of university involvement, essay score, GPA and community service.
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 24, 2023.
Dependents of a staff member, of the University of Montana Alumni Relations Office or a member of the Board of Directors of the UM Alumni Association are not eligible for the scholarship. Previous recipients are not eligible for the scholarship.
For questions, contact Jodi Moreau by calling 877 UM ALUMS or emailing email@example.com.